In 1923, Who Was:
- President of the largest steel company?
- President of the largest gas company?
- President of the New York stock Exchange?
- Greatest wheat speculator?
- President of the Bank of International Settlement?
- Great Bear of Wall Street?
These men were considered some of the world's most successful of their days. Do anyone still know who they are? What came of these men?
The president of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, died a pauper.
The president of the largest gas company,
Edward Hopson, went insane.
The president of the NYSE, Richard Whitney, was released from prison to die at home.
The greatest wheat speculator, Arthur Cooger, died abroad, penniless.
The president of The Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, shot himself.
The Great Bear of Wall Street, Cosabee Livermore, also committed suicide
However, in that same year, the PGA Champion and the winner of the most important golf tournament, the US Open, was...
What became of him? He played golf until he was 92, died in 1999 at the age of 97. He was financially secure at the time of his death.
The Moral: Screw work, Play golf.